Saturday, November 6, 2010

wasted perfection

Narcissism you say?

I can’t think of a single thing

That affects me less than this.



People ask me questions all day,

Because usually,

I know all the answers.

But nobody asked this before.



Of course the answer is no.

Not now, not then, not ever.



If I were a narcissist,

Don’t you think I would know?

If someone had said so,

I’d sure remember.

My memory’s better than most.

Narcissism?



The very thought!

You’ve got a lot of nerve!

Of course the answer is no

Not now, not then, not ever.



Narcissist?

Not a chance.

I still can’t believe you’d ask.

I don’t think it matters

What you’ve heard people say,

I have only my own code to live by.



To my conscience be true

Day in and day out.

Narcissist?

Please, don’t be silly.

No comments: