Tuesday, April 22, 2008

i could have said

i have seen so much faces
as i walk to my age
but there's someone i can never compare
you have the eyes of compassion and the voice of the truth
for you are born in the midst of the struggle
something makes me feel this strange
somehow i long for you...

as i've been watching you from the day till night
you were singing the songs of the people
and the echo resounded to my thoughts, to my soul
to my music, it ever continued
something makes me look at you so differently
somehow i wanted to be...beside you

as thousands march the streets and the red flags were waving
we were along side the oppressed and disheartened
you have vowed not to leave them as we get all the beatings from a state that doesn't care
but you..made it clear to me
you made me feel these sweet things of freedom
hmmm..hmmm

i've been thinking of you,
a beauty so perfect, you are one with the struggle of the people
but before you have left to the hills and the mountains
i wish i could have said
i love you...ohhh...
i love you...i love you...

as i've been watching you from the day till night
you were singing the songs of the people
and the echo resounded to my thoughts to my soul
to my music, it ever continued
ohhh...

as thousands march the streets and the red flags were waving
we were along side the oppressed and disheartened
you have vowed not to leave them as we get all the beatings from a state that doesn't care...
ohhh...ohhh..
you made me feel, feel, these sweet things, these sweet things of freedom
sweet things of freedom!(3x)

No comments: